Find a PD course
Engaging in professional development (PD) is an important part of high-quality teaching, and gives teachers opportunities to create an interesting and dynamic career, and improve student outcomes. To support teachers, endorsed providers may offer courses that address the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at one or more of the accreditation levels. These courses are known as Quality teaching Council (QTC) Registered courses.
- Teachers who are in the process of getting accreditation at Proficient Teacher are encouraged to undertake PD. These activities can contribute as evidence towards accreditation at Proficient Teacher. However, there is no requirement to record these on the online account tool.
- Completing PD is required for maintaining accreditation at Proficient Teacher, Highly Accomplished or Lead Teacher.
- Teachers can attend courses relevant to any level of accreditation, however only courses at your level or above will count towards maintaining your accreditation.
Find QTC Registered PD courses
- Log into your online account tool. You will need your username and password. Forgot your password?
- Click on the 'Teacher' tab at the top
- Choose ‘Professional Development’ from the options below
- Select 'Find QTC Registered Professional Development'
- You can search courses on the basis of course titles, providers, career stages and keywords
- Clicking the 'Advanced Options' will allow you to search for courses that match syllabus documents, learning stages and dates. If you insert today's date in the ‘From’ box and leave ‘To’ box blank, you will be given a listing of future courses.
See PD requirements for maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation.
See PD requirements for maintaining Highly Accomplished Teacher Accreditation.
See PD requirements for maintaining Lead Teacher Accreditation.
Read the Identifying QTC Registered Professional Development flyer (PDF 159 KB)
Record your PD
As a teacher maintaining your accreditation at Proficient, Highly Accomplished or Lead Teacher, you are responsible for recording your PD with BOSTES (or checking it has been recorded by training providers) and evaluating courses you have logged . More about recording your PD.
Check your PD has been validated
As a teacher maintaining accreditation, your PD must be validated. There are different ways that PD gets validated, depending on whether it is BOSTES Registered or Teacher Identified PD. More about checking PD is validated.