Online preliminary assessment for Highly Accomplished Teachers
If you are applying for accreditation at Highly Accomplished Teacher level, you are invited to use the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards’ (BOSTES), online preliminary assessment tool to assess your practice and decide on your readiness to proceed to the application phase.
Although not compulsory, it’s recommended that a candidate for Highly Accomplished Teacher accreditation undertakes the online preliminary assessment to verify that your current practice is meeting the Standard Descriptors at this level. Make sure that you review the Highly Accomplished Teacher characteristics in considering applying for higher level accreditation pages.
Before starting the online preliminary assessment, it’s advisable that you:
- read the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers closely, to make sure your practice aligns with the Standard Descriptors at the Highly Accomplished Teacher level. This will help guide your decision on whether to proceed to the application phase
- download the Evidence Guide for the Highly Accomplished Teacher Standards (PDF 946 KB) to help you gather and prepare your evidence. The Evidence Guide indicates how the Standards appear in practice and provide examples of evidence that would reflect the Standards.
BOSTES reviews your preliminary assessment and provides feedback that will give you an idea of your likelihood of success. A non-refundable, tax deductible $65 fee applies to this process.
How to use the tool
- Log into your online account. Don’t have an account? Set one up
- Once you are logged in, go to the Teacher TAB
- Click the Teacher TAB and then select from Highly Accomplished (Preliminary)
- Pay the fee to proceed
- Set aside some time to complete the online preliminary assessment and submit it. The feedback is based on your responses so be as accurate as you can.
Please email or call us on 1300 739 338 (within Australia), if you have any questions.