Accreditation teams and responsibilities: who to contact
Contact BOSTES with your accreditation enquiry between 8.30 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday on 1300 739 338.
See below for contact details and areas of responsibility for the different BOSTES teams supporting accreditation.
The Teacher Accreditation Directorate makes conditional and provisional accreditation decisions for all teachers in NSW schools and early childhood services.
Teacher Accreditation assesses requests from:
The decision to accredit is based on:
- the teacher’s qualifications
- English language proficiency, and
- provision of a valid Working with Children Check Clearance.
The teacher receives a conditional or provisional accreditation decision as well as confirmation of the subjects their qualifications have prepared them to teach.
Accreditation Finance is responsible for managing payment of the annual accreditation fee and processing applications for leave of absence which places a teacher’s accreditation on hold.
Professional Learning provides advice to teachers about their professional learning for the maintenance of accreditation. Professional Learning manages the endorsement process for professional development providers of Quality Teaching Council (QTC) Registered professional development.
Professional Learning assists teachers with:
Professional Learning assists providers of professional development by:
- Providing information sessions for providers
- Managing the application and approval processes
- Supporting endorsed providers of QTC Registered professional development
Initial Teacher Education
Initial Teacher Education is responsible for:
- setting and reviewing policies and requirements for the approval of NSW initial teacher education programs, and
- the approval of initial teacher education programs against these policies and requirements.
The team can provide advice on approved teaching degrees and initial teacher education policies and requirements including for academic prerequisites, entry standards, literacy and numeracy testing and professional experience.
The Teaching Standards Directorate monitors the application of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers within NSW and oversees the system of accreditation at Proficient Teacher, Highly Accomplished Teacher and Lead Teacher levels. They can assist with questions regarding:
Read more about us.